Friday, August 5, 2011

I Love Lucy' Exhibit Opens At Library Of Congress

Hollywood Museum is celebrating the legendary Lucille Ball with a new exhibit.

It's timed to coincide with two special events- "I Love Lucy" is now 60 years old, and Ball herself would have been 100 years old on Saturday.

The new exhibit, "Lucille Ball at 100 and I Love Lucy at 60," highlights the life and career of the late queen of comedy.

"This was her life," said daughter Lucie Arnaz. "I mean, she was never happier when she was at work. I would like to say except when she was home. But, truly, that wasn't- she would even say, 'I'm sorry kids but my joy is my work.'"

Ball's work of course, included the TV comedy classic, "I Love Lucy." A "Best Of" DVD was just released with 14 classic episodes.

"Nobody better and no one like her," said Valerie Harper. "The Mount Rushmore of comedy."

"She was the first who was truly, exceptionally beautiful and not afraid to be a clown," said Carolyn Hennesy.

"Her timing was just so unbelievable," said Kate Linder. "I study her all the time."

If you want to know more about Ball, you have until Nov. 30 to visit the Hollywood Museum.

Also Library of Congress opened a new exhibition today, dedicated to the (still) popular television show "I Love Lucy."

The exhibit, "I Love Lucy: An American Legend," celebrates the 60th anniversary of the show. It is free, and will be on display until Jan. 28.

It features artifacts from the show, as well as photos and scrapbooks from the stars, Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz.

Head on over to the LIBRARY OF CONGRESS from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays to check out your favorite redhead.
Dadecated link for Go Daddy.com Just ez2.me
Spring Savings! $7.99 .com
Next time for Go Daddy: Easy to you just www.ez2.me
Dadecated link for Go Daddy.com Just ez2.me

No comments:

Post a Comment